ABP values its people and looks to recruit the most suitably qualified person for every role. We encourage you to apply for vacant positions as they arise and look forward to making contact with you about relevant opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ABP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. This means ABP ensures that all applicants for selection or promotion are not discriminated against. ABP supports the creation of working conditions which ensure all employees have an equal chance to seek and obtain employment, promotion, training and the benefits of employment.
Vacancies will be advertised here as they become available.
Position: Plant Operator – Albany Chip Terminal, Albany WA
ABP is currently hiring a permanent, full time Plant Operator at our woodchip export facility in Albany, Western Australia. We are seeking an individual of high professional standards to join our team at Albany Chip Terminal (ACT). While experience is valued, it is not a prerequisite for this position.
- Ensure safe operations, control, and maintenance of the ACT plant and equipment as directed.
- Strictly adhere to all location procedures and safety standards.
- Perform manual tasks including sweeping, lifting, standing, use of stairs, operating heavy machinery, and conducting inspections.
- Participate in plant maintenance when required and carry out conveyor/plant running checks as needed.
- Work in a 24/7 facility, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety and teamwork.
- Monitor woodchip deliveries, screening, sampling, storage, and ship loading activities.
- Ensure compliance with work procedures and processes by service providers.
- Collaborate with transport operators to facilitate effective delivery outcomes.
- Conduct daily site cleaning and attend operational meetings.
- Proven track record of working safely in a team environment.
- Minimum education: Year 10 or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Evidence of working on plant equipment (or Trade Certificates and/or plant licenses).
- Basic computer literacy.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
ABP offers an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to contribute to a growing company with an international profile.
To apply, email your application to email@example.com marked “ACT Plant Operator – Confidential,” including a cover letter highlighting your recent relevant experiences and qualifications.
Applications close 18th December 2023.
Application responses will be provided from the second week of January.
General Employment Enquiries
We welcome Expressions of Interest (EOI) and CVs from suitably qualified persons interested in careers with ABP. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.